Saturday, June 6, 2009

I Know This Much Is True...

I've been depressed in my life. I've been through tremendous challenge...survived things I didn't think I could ever survive. AND I've been overweight from using food to numb my pain. I'm telling you this because so many of you have told me that you think you're not like me, that you couldn't get as healthy and fit as I am. I'm telling you this because anyone who knows me personally will tell you that my life has been anything but easy and that I've surmounted great odds. I'm NOT telling you this to brag--I believe I was put on this earth for one simple reason--to help others realize that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE as long as you have the humility to ask for help. I will never say that it's easy to ask for help...at least initially. I will never say that life won't continue to happen and that sometimes it's just really, really...well, let's be honest here--sometimes it just really sucks. But I can tell you that there are ways to transcend any situation because so help me, I've done it. I know for a fact that I'm NOT special. In fact, my friends will also attest to the fact that I'm quite average--lol. There's only one secret here, one thing that you have to keep doing to get to where you wanna be in life and that's keep asking. Keep asking the people who have what you want for help, ask and you shall receive. I happen to believe that we're absolutely meant to connect that way, that the planet is set up like that so that we need one another, and therefore must eventually gain enough humility to reach out. By the same token, we have to give it away to keep it--but that comes naturally. Think about it--how many times have you gained a new skill or knowledge that you felt really good about and couldn't wait to share it with anyone who'd listen (and maybe even those who weren't so interested in listening :).

Do yourself the biggest favor you'll ever do--get use to asking for help. I love questions from you. You can leave comments here, or go to one of my websites and send an email (the addresses are on this site). Or find someone else you want to ask--but don't give up if you don't get what your seeking--keep asking. The Internet is such an amazing tool; for the first time in history, the average person has access to (virtually) the entire planet in seconds--think about that for a minute--CRAZY! And think about the implications, for you and for your loved ones.

Life is good. Life can get better. In fact your capacity to appreciate life grows exponentially with your willingness to grow, reach out, and learn how to have it all--health, happiness, self-esteem--all of it. Take that final step and finally become who you really are. Be who you were born to be and let the world see you shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment