Sunday, February 6, 2011

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FOOD..

It's been far too long since I've posted, but my personal training business is booming--and that's a good thing! Never the less, I continue to struggle with Chronic Fatigue due to allergies, Candidiasis, etc.., and I wanted to keep you posted-and me, accountable.

My diet is absolutely key in controlling my symptoms and when I'm not careful, I can suddenly find myself back to "hitting the wall" so to speak. It doesn't take much either, so I feel your pain regarding diet issues, whether it's due to food sensitivities, or simply trying to lose weight/fat. It's not easy to live in country where food and alcohol are major forms of recreation! Talk about not fitting in.. So, it's a bit lonely on the leading edge some days, but what I've found is that the longer I hold my ground and share my story, the more people come on board. Within ten minutes of discussing these issues, most people are fascinated...and relating to me. I can't tell you how many times A DAY, people say that they know exactly what I'm talking about in terms of the struggle to keep going, or to begin any kind of fitness program, let alone stick to it.

I'm choosing to be accountable to you here by letting you know what my diet is like. I'll do my best to report in daily--however, many days start with my first client at 6:30a.m. and my last one finishing at 8:00p.m. On days that I'm too tired to do anything but prepare my food and hit the sack, I may not report in until the next day.

Today I started with my usual--oatmeal with pure stevia, 500 ml of water, and believe it or not, 5 ounces of sirloin steak. When my energy is particularly low, I often eat red meat, which helps kick it up a little. I've learned that I sometimes need that. I had a cup of black coffee and plan to eat again soon (every 3 hours). I'll have another bottle of spring water, 5 oz. of protein, and 1 1/2 cups of raw or steamed veggies. Later I'll allow myself a sweet potato with the same quantities of protein and vegetables and water. I'll do this five to six times a day, depending on how long my day is.

Thanks for reading! Pursue health—spiritual, emotional, and physical, and the pursuit of happiness will no longer be a pursuit, but a reality!

Your pioneer in the pursuit of quality,

Vawny

No comments:

Post a Comment