Friday, March 11, 2011

WOW!! WHAT A TOTAL HEADACHE..

I've been trying to sign into this account so that I could post my food and workouts--like I promised--and haven't been able to access it!! Good God that's frustrating.. Anyway, I'M IN!! So let me at least say that today, and most days since my last post, my food's been good.

Physically, life's been a challenge--but that's nothing new then is it? The last doc I went to decided I must have some obscure illness like Fibromyalgia, and proceeded to tell me he has no idea what to do with that. Yeeaahh.. back to square one--on my own with this stuff again. Oh well, it's not like I'm not used to it. If there's one thing I do know through all of this it's that there are some things that I CAN control and that it's pretty much up to me to do just that. Number one on that small list is my diet. Don't get me wrong--it's NOT easy. It's simple, but it's not easy to be pretty rigid with my food, especially in the good old US of A where eating and drinking alcohol are a favorite pastime. However, due to my lovely friends who happen to care and want some of the same things that I do, health in particular, helping them through posts of my progress AND struggles, I do pretty well. That is truly my secret, guys--by helping others, I help myself. So yeah, I guess it's a bit selfish technically, but it works and why fix what works, ey?

Today I've had my usual Quaker Oats Old Fashioned Oats for breakfast. Didn't get extra protein in that meal, but had ground turkey and a sweet potato for an early lunch and a sweet pepper for in between lunch and dinner. I need to say here though, that that's not enough food, but I was running behind and didn't have enough prepared--oops! I know better. Dinner consisted of butternut squash with more ground turkey, and cabbage. I've had three 500 ml bottles of water (which puts me behind this late in the day..) and a diet coke (ahhh--my one sin). I'll eat a little more of the same between now and bedtime and I'll be doing about an hour long workout to include cardio and light weight training. Tomorrow, I'll work at increasing my protein in particular to support my muscles.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment